Friday, January 18, 2008

Clear and Cold

Very clear and cold this morning - only saw 8 deer during route time. Most seemed to be in hiding - in trees or whatever. Yesterday we saw 21 - the kids on the bus were all excited about it. Both yesterday and this morning the sunrise was red - always makes me think of that old sailor's ditty "red sky at night, sailors delight; red sky in the morning, sailors take warning". I don't know how true it is but it certainly is ingrained in my mind. I rather expected a delay this morning - B said the roads had ice on them last night. I could see it as I was driving this morning - it wasn't thick or all over but it was definitely there.

My mind is spinning at the moment so I'm going to go ahead and post this. Hopefully this weekend I'm getting a chicken coop built - not 100% certain yet that that will happen but that is the plan.

No comments: