Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Get up and What??

My get up and go disappeared sometime yesterday... just getting out of bed was almost a chore this morning though I did o.k once I got moving. I'm hoping for a nap sometime this morning though. I have got laundry started and am working on loading dishwasher. There's bus route paperwork to do as well as some for B. I'm hoping that if I don't push too hard today I will be able to get more done tomorrow...Saturday I'm driving Stretch's cross country meet to Marion. That will be a long day but I usually thoroughly enjoy the meet. The course is a fast one and there are a lot of runners which all adds up to lots of excitement.

Speaking of Stretch...he did not end up having MRSA though he did have another type of staph infection. The antibiotics cleared it right up. However he still ended up back in the after hours clinic last Friday night this time due to an allergic reaction to the antibiotic...he broke out in an itchy rash, had a headache and was running a pretty decent fever. An injection of two types of steroids followed by a course of oral steroids has fixed him up and he's finally feeling much better. He had his second cross country meet of the season yesterday - the first was last Thursday as he was getting sick - yesterday's went much much better. He came in under 23 minutes and felt great. He did learn the value of compression shorts under his uniform though - for more than just looks.

Squirrel's doing well...his cross country season has not officially started yet though he's got practice every day. His first meet is next Thursday the 8th and I am not driving that one. His recent excitement involved having a large rottweiler break a picture window as he walked past the house on his way home from practice. (He rides the shuttle bus to town and walks to my friend's house where he waits until I'm done with my bus route) . Thankfully the dog did not come out of the house but I still had one very terrified son. The dog's owner was very apologetic...I havent' heard end results on this but am hoping he was able to find a country home for the dog as it did seem like a nice dog - just not suited for town life.

Dipstick has dropped out of football. I had mixed emotions about that though it does uncomplicate the schedule somewhat. Unfortunately it looks like I'm still going to have to work to stay on top of his grades and homework...checking daily. I was hoping he'd out-grown that over the summer.

My little girl who had so much fear about school has been absent the last couple of days sick - kids are already starting to "drop like flies" with various illnesses. She had been doing much better at getting off the bus and walking to class - still wanted to walk with one of my older kids bt no tears and was walking by herself in the afternoons.

O.K...there's probably more to write but that's enough of an update for now. I need to attempt to get something constructive done.


Karen said...

Mine has gone too--wonder where it went--maybe to meet yours?

Slogging through the evening duties--finished my cross-stitch and I need a nap.

Love you,

Marilyn said...

It was wonderful to see you and the boys and to meet B and Dipstick. We did have a wonderful time with you although it was way too short!

Unfortunately, I brought something home with me I didn't plan on - a cold. I hope I wasn't infecious when we were with you so you didn't get it!