- Been sick all week - fighting sinus junk with fever...no voice
- Kids on bus LOVE having a squeaky-voiced bus driver
- Had 1 little one ask for the bucket...and another one fall down bus steps yesterday afternoon. Thankfully he wasn't seriously hurt - more embarrassed and bruised.
- Another bus driver's husband has just been diagnosed with stomach and colon cancer
- I lost 4 lbs last month - doing county-wide weight-loss competition - only increased my activity very slightly - have increased water intake but really not watched what I ate.
- Found out this morning that we do not have "automatic" recycling pick-up here at new place - boys were most disgusted and rather disbelieving about that! Their reaction was very funny...though I'm disappointed to not have the recycling pick-up as that means there won't be much of it going on here at this point in time.
- We may be looking at some MAJOR repairs in old house - involving heat in the ceiling - we've made no decision yet on how to handle them but I suspect they will need dealt with before we can sell it
- Caught some students pulling duct tape repairs off one of the seats on my bus - I'd been suspicious of these girls before and had been checking that seat 4x daily - this time they made "mistake" of putting tape on top of the seat where I could see it in the mirror.
- Am attempting to plan a possible trip north to see my Mom and Dad - will end up being a "rushed" weekend trip but hopefully I'll be able to pull it off
- Winter storm advisory for this weekend - currently there is very little snow on the ground but it's been cold the last couple of days and there is predicted to be snow in the morning.
- I like bullet style journaling especially when it's been awhile since I've posted anything and it's getting late at night
- Squirrel is testing for his black belt in TaeKwonDo in a couple of weeks
- Stretch is away for the night at a youth group retreat...he's gearing up to be pretty busy again as musical try-outs were this past week
- Dipstick does much better with keeping his grades up IF I am very diligent about checking daily to see what he has due and has turned in
- Even though my writing may not be particularly amusing...life has been decidedly funny this week overall - except for finding out about life-threatening illness in friend's husband
- Eventually I will get pictures posted again
Friday, February 20, 2009
Been A Week
It's been a week since I've posted anything...on the one hand it seems to have flown by...on the other hand, not.