Thursday, November 6, 2008

Staying "home"

I'm staying home mostly today - went out to pay on the storage locker but other than that plan to pretty much stay home between routes. Of course, I didn't get home from bus route this morning until after 9:00 am. We had a driver meeting with the elementary principal after the route - didn't start until after morning announcements. Then I had to come home and attempt to get in contact with some parents on my route. We will see how things work out. So far I've caught up on folding laundry, started dishwasher and started more laundry. I plan to take a nap as soon as I'm done with this entry...and my much needed on-line visit with my sister. I hope to get kitchen tidied up, hand dishes done and lots of laundry done. Then it would be nice if I got my seating chart posted on the bus and some more boxes packed. Am still exhausted but not in as much physical pain/stiffness as I was yesterday.

The weather has been beautiful the last few days - sunny and unseasonably warm. It's supposed to change starting tonight and tomorrow - with the possibility of rain and snow showers on Saturday. I'm really hoping and praying that during the day - even if it's cold - is not overly wet so that we can start moving. Kitchen counters are in, sinks are in and hooked up, other bathroom fixtures are in...master bedroom has been cleaned with windows done. Goal for today is to finish getting tools, etc out and then tomorrow we will clean again. The basement and one bathroom really need cleaning work but again that can't be done until construction mess is done. If we can get the necessities moved then the rest can be done slightly more slowly. I know B wants it all done as soon as possible...I just don't know.

Better go - my nap is calling me.

4 comments:

Linds said...

Don't speak to me about naps - I have been napping on and off all day here. I will be so happy for you when you are in and sorted in the new house, Edith. Take care, and set the alarm!

Mary said...

I've just woken up - but after reading how busy you have been - I think I might just need to go back to bed.

You enjoy your rests.

Blessings.

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Sounds like a nightmare weekend followed by a very busy week or two coming up. I've moved several times so I know how much work and how stressful it is. I hope you got your nap.

My seating chart changed so often that I ended up buying a box of business card sized magnets and putting each child's name on one. When they change seats they just take their magnet with them. It came in really handy this week when I handed my elementary route off to another driver because she numbered her seats differently than I did. When I go back to work I'll just grab them and put them back up on my bus and I'll know if she made any seating changes.

Gwendolyn said...

I know you can't wait for the house to be done! How exciting, though...even if it's exhausting, too. :o)