Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A week

This week (end of last) has been difficult around here at our middle school (where Squirrel attends). An 8th grade girl turned up missing early Thursday morning - initially it was thought she might be a run-away though she'd had no prior history. Her body turned up in a field less than a mile from her home late Friday evening. A 17yr old boy has been arrested and admitted to killing her...he's been charged. They had no prior relationship. ..met through facebook. She was fighting with her boyfriend and vulnerable.. .he's been kicked out of at least 2 school systems - ours and the neighboring one to the west. The visitation was yesterday.., funeral is this morning. (I would have liked to attend the visitation but it was in conflict with Dipstick's needing a ride home.) Kaylin's (the girl) bus driver was fairly instrumental in helping the police find and arrest the boy - in part due to how close he lived to her. She has been in on most of the case...including helping "her kids" on her bus deal with it. Our middle school kids - especially the 8th grade girls have really had a rough time with this.

Between that, my Mom still being in hospital and the challenges of blending a family...it was a rough weekend. I've been quiet...not even blogging because otherwise I have a tendency to get "verbal vomit"

4 comments:

Linds said...

Oh Edith - how devastating for your entire community. What a tragedy.
You are not having an easy time right now - but just know we are listening, and are here when you need to talk. And it goes without saying that I will be praying for you too.

Edith said...

Thanks Linds...so appreciate your prayers and your friendship.

Mary said...

I am so sorry to hear about this awful event. I do hope and pray that your community heals soon. I am sorry I don't pop onto blog much these days, but I do often think of you all. I will place you in my prayers.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.