Thursday, May 7, 2009

Instead of...I will...

In order to focus on the positives in my life...instead of the current struggle with depression I'm dealing with I've decided to write a post that lists the things I'm thankful for. Some will be likely be "repeats"...some will not.

Instead of being upset... that the laundry is never completely caught up...I'm thankful that we are blessed with an abundance of clothes and towels.

Instead of being upset...that there nearly always seems to be dishes in the sink...I'm thankful we have plenty of food to fill our tummies - and a dishwasher to help with the dishes.

Instead of being upset...that my amethyst Intrepid that has so faithfully served me is no longer drivable...I'm thankful that there were ways for us to make things work being down a vehicle...and I'm thankful that I'm blessed with a husband who didn't put us in debt getting another vehicle.

Instead of being upset...that it's another grey gloomy day out...I'm thankful for the flowers and crops that will grow...for the way that the trees and grasses are turning green outdoors....I'm also thankful for the coolness of the temperatures currently.

Instead of being upset...that no matter what I try with some of the students on my bus they still don't behave...I'm thankful for supportive parents.

Instead of being upset...that my Mom is having more and more health issues and that she is declining so rapidly...I will be thankful for her example through her life...for the time we've had with her (while still hoping for more good years)...remembering the miracles God has worked in the past regarding her health...

I know there is more to be thankful for but I need to be away...fixing myself some lunch, dealing with that unending laundry and getting the dishwasher going.

6 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Now,you're talking. I feel better already. Let's go for a walk, the sun is shining!

Linds said...

Brilliant, Edith. I am so proud of you! And I am coming for that walk with you and Rosaria!

Therese said...

It is so easy to focus on what is wrong. It is inspirational to see someone look at the good rather than complain about the bad.

Great post.

Marilyn said...

You (and your entire family) were prayed for in BIble study today.

Mary said...

me too, I'm coming. Don't start without me.

Thank you Edith for sharing so honestly.

Sue said...

Amen to that. :-)