Thursday, October 4, 2007

Bus Route

This morning went much better on the bus - the route went smoothly and my "seatbelt child" wore his seatbelt without argument. This was in stark contrast to yesterday where he was "quietly defiant" and absolutely refused to put it on. I wasn't really willing to put it on him myself as I wasn't sure how he would react to that. I had another chat with his mother last night - she says he is to wear it for the rest of the year. That will be something to possibly reconsider at a later time but for now he will wear it. I did end up calling a couple of other parents as well - for other students who were unable to sit down and keep their hands to themselves. This route is very very challenging - some days I struggle with feeling like a complete failure.

Today is Son1's last cross country meet of the season - we will be going to it as there is an early dismissal this afternoon. It will be a long day though.

1 comment:

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

We all feel like failures at times but where would the kids be without us? It sounds like the mother is willing to work with you so I recommend keeping her in the loop. I use bribery sometimes, everyone who is good for the week gets a sticker or a smartie. If your little one that doesn't want to wear his belt doesn't get one the first week, he'll try harder the next week. I also keep soft cover books on my bus to try and keep them occupied. All my K-5 wear seat belts and it really makes a difference. Hang in there!